BENEFITS OF SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION WOMEN
Scalp Micropigmentation for Women Before and After
Hair loss is an emotional and stressful issue for men, particularly women. About one-third of women experience hair loss at some time in their lives. Trying to find the best solution for their hair loss can be challenging. Scalp micropigmentation for women is gaining popularity as a hair loss solution for women experiencing hair loss.
On average, both men and women shed 50 to 100 single hairs per day. Hair shedding is a regular occurrence in which some hairs fall out, and new ones grow in. When the equilibrium is upset — when hair falls out, and less hair grows in — hair loss occurs.
COMMON CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS IN WOMEN
• Female Pattern Baldness: Female pattern hair loss, also known as FPHL, female pattern baldness, or female pattern alopecia, is a type of androgenetic alopecia that affects women. Androgenetic alopecia is a genetic condition that affects both men and women. For women, hair loss pattern is diffused all over the scalp.
• Hairstyle: When your hair is styled in ways that tug on your roots, such as tight ponytails, braids, or cornrows, it might trigger hair loss. Traction alopecia is the name for this form of hair loss. Hair loss can be permanent if these hair follicles are injured.
• Dieting (Rapid weight loss): Bad diet is a common factor leading to hair loss in both men and women because of vitamin deficiency that goes along with bad dieting.
• Toxic substances: Substances such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and some other medications are known to cause hair loss. This sudden hair loss can occur anywhere on your body. Sometimes, this hair loss may be permanent if your hair follicles are damaged.
HAIR LOSS SOLUTIONS
For men, one solution is to shave their heads to minimize the look of their hair loss, but women cannot do that. Also, men can do hair transplants since their donor hair (hair on the back of the scalp) doesn’t usually fall out. For women, hair transplant is more challenging because their hair loss pattern is diffused rather than a horseshoe pattern like men, so the hair transplanted hairs could also fall out. Wigs are another option; however, they are high maintenance and uncomfortable, especially in hot weather.
WHAT IS SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION (SMP)?
Scalp micropigmentation is a tattooing technique that uses a stippling pattern to imitate hair follicles cut close to the scalp. Scalp micropigmentation, as a relatively new technique, can significantly address the cosmetic issues that arise from hair loss conditions. Since 2008, the tattoo industry has undergone a cultural transformation, making scalp micropigmentation an increasingly socially acceptable hair loss solution for addressing pertinent scalp and hair challenges.
Instead of creating hairlike lines like you would when a person is microblading eyebrows, SMP uses small, layered dots in various shades of black to mimic the effect of a shadow on your scalp. This pointillism technique generates a natural-looking depth and definition of the hair.
A professional practitioner will ensure that the dots resemble real hair follicles and blend them with your skin tone and colour.
This procedure may be beneficial to persons who suffer from hair loss. This also comprises people who have male and female pattern baldness and scarring alopecias.
SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION FOR WOMEN
Scalp micropigmentation for women is used to camouflage thinning hair. The individual dots placed between the existing hair shafts add density to the hair, which gives the illusion of fuller, thicker hair. Because women do not lose hair like men, they do not need to recreate their hairline. The dots are placed behind the hairline, hidden from view but covering the balding areas behind.
DOES IT HURT/ WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE LIKE
The SMP procedure is not pain-free; however, it is tolerable. The amount of pain you experience is primarily determined by your pain threshold.
You’ll most likely have an initial consultation after you’ve done your research and found a responsible and skilled SMP artist. During this meeting, your practitioner will prepare you for what to expect and how to prepare ahead of time.
For example, consider the following general guidelines:
• Before each treatment, take a shower. You cannot wash your scalp (including excessive sweating) for 3-4 days following each appointment.
• Each treatment typically lasts 1 to 2 hours.
• The number of treatments is usually 3 or 4, spaced 1-2 weeks apart. Even if the treatment is only for a small area, such as a widow’s peak, three to four treatments are required for long-term retention.
• In the weeks between treatments, do not swim, use steam or sauna facilities, or take hot showers.
• Avoid exposing your scalp to the sun for the first four days (wearing a hat is fine). Keep in mind, however, that less sun exposure to the treated region means better long-term retention.
HOW LONG DOES SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION LAST?
Scalp micropigmentation for women is considered a permanent to semi-permanent cosmetic procedure. While the results may last up to eight years, the treated area will gradually fade because all skin naturally exfoliates.
Fading will occur more quickly if you have extremely dry skin or excess dandruff. Dry skin tends to flake, which may prematurely cause the pigment to be exfoliated.
BENEFITS OF SMP FOR WOMEN
• It gives the appearance of having a full head of hair, like microblading for women’s eyebrows, but with dots instead of lines.
• For women, it gives the illusion of thicker, fuller hair
• It conceals alopecia symptoms indefinitely, whether severe or recurring.
• It conceals scars from hair transplantation or FUE surgery (for men).
• It aids in the concealment of birthmarks, burns, and accident scars.
• It works well with a hair transplant to provide additional density.
• It delivers positive changes in lifestyle, such as an increase in confidence and positive life.
For more information about Scalp Micropigmentation for Women, please visit hairtattoo.ca or call 647-492-5022. We have clinics in Toronto, Mississauga, and Richmond Hill. His Hair Clinic | Hairtattoo.ca were the inventors of the SMP Scalp Micropigmentation procedure. Visit us at our Trichology Centre Hair Loss Clinic.